History


The story is told that the Society was born on April 16, 1946 at 7:30 A.M., when quite by accident Doctors E.R. Dumke, Clark L. Rich, and George M. Fister, met in the cloakroom in the Dee Memorial Hospital and started the discussion of planning a medical meeting, which has continued for over 60 years and now known as the Ogden Surgical Medical Society.

The founding fathers of the Ogden Surgical-Medical Society would be proud to know their efforts have remained steadfast within our community. The growth and quality of the Society is attributed to the continued support and participation from our members.

For the past 60 years, the Society has grown from a membership of 38 to over 500 members. The faculty members are comprised of eminent medical scientists, teachers, and practitioners from the leading medical centers of America and, on occasion, the world. This meeting was one of the first of its kind to meet the standards established by national medical accrediting bodies, and over the years has been attended by thousands of physicians.

For a complimentary copy of the Society's History book, please email your name, phone number, and address to teresapuskedra@ogdensurgical.com.


To contact us: Ogden Surgical-Medical Society
Phone: 801-564-5585 Email: teresapuskedra@ogdensurgical.com
Mail: P.O Box 9311, Ogden, Utah 84409



Home    Organization    Membership    History    Governance   
Accreditation    Meetings    Contact    In Memoriam    Ogden Links    Other Links